I already had this exact model of microwave, however my toddler placed something in the microwave that shouldn't have been, and caused a blow out. Because the microwave contained the sparks, and did not cause any damage to the rest of the kitchen, I was confident in replacing with the same item. It is attractive, matches my other Gallery line appliances and it easy to use. The one and only thing I don't love about this microwave is that after it is done cooking, it beeps constantly until you open the door. You have the option to turn the sound off completely, however I prefer a beep now and again in case I have forgotten something in there, unfortunately it just never stops. Overall though, I really like this microwave.
Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend